229 Skinkle Road
In the Rolling Northumberland Hills
Towering trees and open pasture line the gated private drive that gives way to this beautiful custom crafted residence, nestled on 85 rolling private acres! Located amid extraordinarily beautiful countryside, on a winding rural road at the edge of Warkworth, the residence delivers an impressive open living plan, with two completely finished levels, rich in detail and design.
Sunlight streams through its abundant windows and garden doors that frame exceptional views over fields, woodland and the luxurious pool yard and perennial gardens. This property will tantalize your every sense. Finishes are timeless and permanent. Proportions are extremely generous and dramatic. Your search has ended!
Upon entrance the residence exudes a sense of warmth and evokes a sense of calm with open living spaces that extend entertaining to the out of doors. Each room has its own charm and allure, offering exceptional high end designer finishes, fabulous interior floor plan and stunning exterior architectural details. Its principal rooms are contiguous in design, with open flowing spaces, soaring cathedral ceilings, handsome millwork, extensive built-in bookcases, rich hardwood floors and panoramic windows.
The kitchen is a dream of space and light, character and convenience delivering gourmet touches that make cooking a joy including a gorgeous granite, center island, upscale premium stainless appliances, numerous pot drawers and pull-outs. The soaring ceiling and adjoining dining area with walk-out to deck and sunroom create a hub for entertaining, designed to comfortably host large dinner parties or quaint family gettogethers.
Natural sunlight, wall to wall windows and bookcases grace the abundant great room, a living space that lends the residence a casual elegance. The dining area extends to the sunroom offering an airy extension and 3 season enjoyment from morning coffee, through after-dinner drinks.
The main level features a gracious master with private ensuite bath including a jetted tub, and walk-in closet, along with a charming “Juliette” balcony overlooking pool, woodland and pasture.
Situated also on the main level, a handsome home office or library is outfitted with walls of bookcases and fine millwork. The impressive foyer leads to a guest powder room and very spacious mud/laundry area with spacious storage and pantry, also provides convenient access to the oversized garage and front verandah.
An open staircases leads to the professionally finished lower level that encompasses 3 additional bedrooms, a large games/exercise room, den or home office, (or 5th bedroom), full deluxe bath and features a comfortable family/media room with wall to wall bookcase, a stunning stone fireplace and wall of windows and doors that open to the entertainer’s dream yard …. featuring sparkling 50’ in-ground pool and spa, BBQ, outdoor patios and lush gardens.
The exterior of the home showcases extensive stonework, custom lighting, incredible gardens, stone stairs, terraces and patios. An irrigation system, custom designed raised and enclosed vegetable garden, woodland, open pasture, stream and an old vintage barn provide an-paralleled haven. At times it is the location and setting that sets the home apart; other times it is design and craftsmanship, and at times it is the floor-plan and décor. When you have found all three, you know you have found your new dream home!
Additional Notable Features
- Lot size 2205 Ft Frontage ~ 85 Acres
- 4,400 SF of finished living space on 2 levels
- Electronic entrance gates
- Natural gas heat
- Land irrigation system including 6 heads in vegetable garden (from creek)
- Dug well (approximately 8 gallons per minute and 2000 gallon holding tank
- 35 Acres farmed by local farmer (tax incentive)
- Hot tub and 50 Ft inground pool with 8Ft deep end, premium winter pool cover
- R2000 construction with ICF foundation
- Triple glazed windows throughout both levels of house (other than garage)
- Stone Gas fireplace
- Custom plastic retracting screen system in sunroom
- Windows with transoms, volume ceilings
- Premium lighting – ceiling fans, pot lighting and upscale fixtures throughout
- Shaker style solid cherry kitchen, premium stainless professional appliances
- 36” Viking stove and range hood, dual B/I ovens , microwave, Miele dishwasher, farm style sink, granite surfaces and volume ceiling, pantries, pull outs, ceramic backsplash
- Water softener (diverted from drinking water)
- Flooring – premium tiled, hardwood and premium broadloom
- Solid maple and oak Built-in bookcases, desk and filing drawers
- Bosch premium washer and dryer
- VanEE HVAC system
- High-efficiency gas heating – Polaris, Gas BBQ
- Central dehumidifier
- UV system and particle filters
- Cold room with built-in shelving
- Fully insulated garage with 2 door openers, garage doors 9’ wide with loft above (pull down staircase)
- Deluxe baths with glass enclosures and jetted tub
- Solid open maple staircase to lower walkout level
- Home wired for speakers (media surround sound)
- Security alarm system and Generac Panel
- Volume ceilings in main level and 9’ ceilings in lower level
- Custom window pleater blinds
- Wireless (xplornet)
- Pool utility room with pool pump, lawn sprinkler hot tub controls
- High end exterior stone on house
- Creek supplies water for pool and garden irrigation system
- Professionally (Hollandale Designs) planted gardens, exceptional stone work, steps, rockery, patios and pool
- Custom raised vegetable garden and 150 asparagus plants
- 1850’s barn with hand hewn beams
- Taxes $5,022 (2014) Located just minutes to the destination Village of Warkworth, with easy commute to Brighton, Prince Edward County, Cobourg and to the GTA!
Quinte MLS: QR511890000
Toronto MLS: X2960263
Iris Andrews, Brian Andrews & Leslie Turner, Brokers
613-969-2044 or 705-632-9404